Global Power & Energy Exhibition (GPEX), taking place in Barcelona in September 2018, will showcase the strategies and technologies needed to adapt to the global energy transition.
GPEX will bring together the global power and energy community, including government, commercial and industry power users, gas operators, power producers and distributors.
- Global power demand is set to grow by 58% between now and 2040
- $10.2 trillion is to be invested in new power generation capacity worldwide to 2040
- Wind and solar account for 48% of installed capacity and 34% of electricity generation worldwide by 2040
- In Europe and the U.S., EVs account for 13% and 12% respectively of electricity generation by 2040
- Global coal-fired power generation peaks in 2026
- Gas in Europe will benefit from a wave of coal and nuclear retirements over the next decade
- Although the world's power sector emissions will reach a peak by 2030, the rate of decline in emissions is not nearly enough to achieve global climate goals
The transformation and decarbonisation of the global energy economy by 2050 will require significant efforts by governments and energy companies to achieve the goals of reducing emissions whilst maintaining a stable and secure supply of energy. Integrating greater amounts of energy from renewable sources in tandem with creating greater efficiencies from existing fuel sources in the energy mix, will require significant, yet essential, investment by power and transmission companies.
GPEX will provide a platform at which business and technical thought-leaders will address the commercial, regulatory, geopolitical and technical issues affecting the power and energy industry, and provide a meeting place for buyers and sellers to collaborate and do business.